Tuesday, November 30, 2010

30 Day Blogging Challenge| Post #5 - Little Brother



"LITTLE BROTHER"

"Little Brother"

Life gave me a brother
To teach me about life
He loves and aggrivates me
And gives me strength and strife

Thank goodness for little brothers
They are special as can be
Don't mess with my little brother 
Or you'll have to deal with ME.


INTRO: Meet my brother Matt! Matt was the typical little brother growing up. I thought his sole purpose for existing was to irritate and embarrass me and then something happend when it was time for college and our relationship progressed into a friendship somewhere in our 20's - things got so good I even agreed to let him live rent free with Joey and I in our two bedroom apartment while he did his college internship. Upon graduating from college, he was an aspiring PGA professional interning at River Pines Golf Course - that dream wasn't enough to pay the bills so he changed course and hit the road for a couple of years as a Recruitment manager for his National Fraternity and from there he became known to me as "Fratty Matty" and now he's settled back into life in Atlanta, proposed to his hand-picked fiance, whom he dated for over three years and is now  working for one of the Atlanta Metro Area Chamber of Commerce. Get to know this face because you'll probably see him running for office in the future.  I love Matt, but he can be a bit random and all over the place at times, so in honor of my favorite trait of his, I"m going to throw some things out there that he'd want you to know. You can also read more about him at Bemister Bound. 


Fact 1: My brother and mom share the same birthday - November 1
Fact 2: Matt could have an entire conversation with some one and speak solely in movie quotes. Most quotable movies would include "Anchorman, Wedding Crashers, Talladega Nights, Old School - really anything with Vince Vaughn or Will Ferrell and he'll throw those out there in conversation (randomly, I might add) and sometimes people just don't get the reference.
Fact 3: Matt laughs hardest when he's laughing at his own jokes. He finds himself so funny, that he usually produces tears and is often the only one laughing. 
Fact 4: His car "the red beast" has more than 200,000 miles on it.
Fact 5: The kid likes to hug. 
Fact 6: He's wanted a JEEP since the day he was licensed to drive; maybe he'll finally get one when the red beast rests in car heaven.
Fact 7: He loves classic rock, blue grass, blues, and a bunch of odd genres I can't even describe. He also thinks he knows more about music than anyone else. To test you, he'll engage you in his little game of "name the drummer, lead singer, bass guitar player in this band." 
Fact 8: He thinks he's a better golfer than he actually is, but don't ever say that to his face.
Fact 9: He participates in marathons and triathalons solely for the t-shirts and stickers. (Thanks, Bonnie)
Fact 10: He has a tattoo. It's a Celtic symbol of three lines (or tricycle tracks) on his left shoulder blade.
Fact 11: He spends more money on his clothes than all of the women in my family combined.

Fact 12: He's a great uncle. Brendyn loves Matt because Matt will rough house with him and he thinks its fun! Kate on the other hand likes Matt too, but 
Matt treats her like the little sister he never had, so their relationship is now in the aggrivation/irritation stage, but I have no doubt that one day she'll probably call him to go buy her some beer.

No comments: