Friday, November 19, 2010

30 Day Blog Challenge | Day 1 - The Intro, The Picture and 15 Facts about Yours truly

Recent Photo: Me (on the right) with my two co-workers Lindsey and Amanda attending the Grigsby -McCracken wedding reception at the Capital City Club.
The Introduction: Hello & War Eagle! I'm Amy, a full-time, working mom currently living in the North Georgia suburbs. Here you can read about me, my husband and our two outgoing and fun-loving kids - you'll hear about our triumphs and challenges as we try to successfully navigate adulthood and get an inside scoop into our parenting style - not that we really have one. 

So, onto the 15 facts:
Fact #1: I am newly brunette. Would you have guessed that I used to be a blonde? Yep, all my life actually. After two kids and turning 30 in February, I took the plunge and dyed my hair brown.  So far I'm loving it, and I have received lots of compliments, but my parents (my dad is the worst) are having a hard time coping with the dark tresses and he asks me when I'm going to go blonde again. NEVER.

Fact #2: My birthday is exactly one week after Valentine's Day. I don't exactly like it because I enjoy all holidays where I should be recognized for the special person that I am, but Birthday trumps a card, a dozen roses, and candy every year and I will aways feel that way. So I tell my husband to put the extra effort into  celebrating the day I was born.

Fact #3: Both my husband and I graduated from Auburn University and since it was the place where we met and fell in love, we also decided to hold our wedding there six years ago. We are going on lucky 7.

Fact #4: I missed my chance to be a millionaire. Yep, it's true... just ask my husband. It's his favorite story to tell anyone with a working set of ears about our first trip to Las Vegas. So after many drinks, I failed to listen to him by not betting max credit inside the Paris Hotel on the Blazing Triple 7 slot machine and what happend... I lined 'em up around 2 am Vegas time and walked away with nothing. Sad.

Fact #5: I have a four-year-old daughter and a 16-month-old son. Both adorable, funny and downright mischevious.

Fact #6: I work full time. I have a great job in public relations and I get to travel to some pretty cool places for work.


Fact #7: I am a huge Sex & The City fan, and on my first trip ever to NYC I saw Sarah Jessica Parker as we were walking into Tiffany's and I screamed so loud (out of pure excitement) that she left immediately before I could get a picture of autograph.

Fact #8: I received the "Social Butterfly Award" from my sorority three years in a row.

Fact #9: I love to eat, but I hate to cook. Since we've moved into our house, I've managed to remove cooking from my list of daily duties - yes, you can call me a pure genius, but fortunately for me my husband loves to and is really good at it. So upon moivng into our new house, my husband bought The Big Steel Keg, and to let that thing pay for itself, I've bestowed the nighttime dinner duty upon him. So far it's working just great. I clean, he cooks. Life is grand.

Fact #10: I hate clowns. Period. Growing up, my grand parents used to have a picture of Bozo the Clown hanging up above the toilet in the downstairs bathroom in the basement. My brother and I used to be really cruel and hold the handle so you would be stuck in the bathroom with Bozo which was truly terrifying as a child.

Fact #11: I get really pissed off when someone other than me does the crossword puzzle in my People magazines.

Fact #12: Even though I'm 30, I'm still a 14-year-old at heart. I love Twilight, Pop music and my teeny bopper TV shows - I'll talk more on those later.

Fact #13: I set my brother up with his fiance, who also happens to be my colleague at work.

Fact #14: I am really outgoing and I'm very talkative. I used to alway get in trouble in middle school and high school for talking to friends during class.

Fact #15: In a chicken nugget eating contest against the guys in our neighborhood, I ate 32 out of 50 McDonalds chicken nuggets and now, it completely repulses me to look at a nugget.

No comments: