Sunday, January 24, 2010

Zeta Xi's 30th Reunion - Alpha Xi Delta, Auburn University

Me and Rice checking out the awesome accomodations on the A Xi D Hall. A 4 bedroom, 2 bath apartment style suite. Current and future sisters are so lucky.



Charlann, Rice, April, Lizzie and me in front of the new Alpha Xi Delta chapter room and hall at Auburn University!


Photo of the new A Xi D dorm at the Village with the welcome banner for the reunion weekend.



Friday Night Pledge Class Social at the Ole Auburn Ale House/Strutting Duck.




Together Again!


This weekend I headed down to Auburn for my sorority reunion. More than 250 Zeta Xi members attended the rededication ceremony on Saturday night. It was awesome to be in a room full of sisters and hear stories from the past and present. It was so great to see all my favorite sisters from my pledge class (1998) as well as sisters who rushed me and sisters that we all recruited to the chapter. I really enjoyed getting to kick back in Auburn with a glass of wine and talk to all of my girls and catch up as well as reminisce on some of our favorite Alpha Xi memories!

Friday evening, we all met for dinner at the Old Auburn Ale House, which is now the Strutting Duck. We wined and dined and took lots of pictures then at 10 pm we headed over to the Auburn Hotel & Conference Center for an all-inclusive social.

On Saturday at 2:00 pm all of the Zeta Xi alumnae were invited to Oak Hall in the new Village for a tour of the sorority hall and chapter room. It is beautiful and I was so proud and insanely jealous of the new accomodations our current sisters are able to experience. We've come along way from the teal walls in Dowell Hall. :)
At 5:00 pm, we headed over the the Marriott at Grand National for a rededication ceremony. I have to to admit I was really nervous because I didn't remember the words to the songs or the symphony, but luckily enough we sang them over and over as it took some time for all of the sisters to make their way around the room.

After the ceremony we enjoyed a great dinner and listened to several speakers update us on Alpha Xi Delta past, present and future. It was so great to hear how far we've come. And since 1980 our chapter has initiated more than 1700 sisters. I was very proud and I know that the chapter is dedicated to keeping up all of the hard work.
I really enjoyed talking to some of the active sisters behind us. And I almost fell out of my chair when then told us that they didn't sing and sway anymore. That was a huge part of preparing for rush - getting everyone to sing, snap and sway to the music.
I had a great weekend and I'm already sad that it is over. And I'm already looking forward to the next get together!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Looks like an awesome weekend. I'm bummed I missed out. Love the pictures. And seriously, the new chapter room and rooms...good grief those girls have it made now!

The Dufour Family said...

It was a lot of fun! I wish you could have joined us for a girl's trip! If we had what they have now, there is no way we would have ever gotten anything done. And they are building a "sun deck" right where the old tennis courts used to be, which is across from the village... trouble!