Tuesday, December 8, 2009

"Potato Head"


Joey called me on my way home from work a couple of weeks ago after picking up Kate and Brendyn from daycare to tell me that Kate had blessed her baby brother with an affectionate nickname. As he paused, I thought how I couldn't wait to hear what she picked and was thinking it would be something really sweet...

So after a moment of silence, I said "soooo, what is it?" and he responded "POTATO HEAD".

In the car, Kate and Brendyn are side by side in the back seat of our Vue, and Kate sticks her head in Brendyn's face and shouts "POTATO HEAD" just like she were saying "PEEK A BOO"and pulls her head away so he can't see her and does it again. Brendyn gets the biggest smile on his face and coos back at his sister or lets out a baby laugh.

And so far the nickname is sticking because Brendyn doesn't have a lot of hair yet!

I can't wait to see what nickname's he'll come up with for his big sister...

No comments: