Monday, July 6, 2009

Brendyn is here!











On Friday, July 3, 2009, Joey, Kate and I welcomed Brendyn Paul Dufour to our family. Brendyn was born at 3:04 pm at Northside Hospital. He weighed 8lbs 2 ounces and was 20.5" long.

Thursday night, Joey and I checked into Northside Hospital so I could be induced at 5 am Friday morning. When I got there they checked me and I had gone from 2 to 3 cm dialated. We woke up at 3:30 am on Friday to start showering and get ready for the busy day ahead. My OB had prepared us for a "lunch time" delivery and by noon I was still only 4 cm dialted and I wasn't getting anywhere fast.

By 2 pm, I reached 6 cm however I was so numb from my epidural, my legs felt like they were frozen and weighed 100 lbs each - there was no way I could hold them to push, so my nurse had to turn my epidural down so I could get some feeling back in my legs. At 2:45 I was 10 cm and ready to roll... after 6 pushes Brendyn was born.

2 comments:

LCM said...

Congrats! You look beautiful in the pictures! I cannot wait to read more about this sweet little boy! :-)

Emily said...

Can't wait until I can see him again!