Saturday, April 25, 2009

Brendyn's Nursery - Phase I: Painting Complete

TA-DA!

A close up of our paint job - don't judge yet, we still have to do a few touch ups! :)

Watching paint dry...


Joey is measuring the length of the wall and drawing lines so eventually
we can put up chairwall to divide our two shades.


Prepping our blank canvas.


This week, Joey was busy converting our sunroom into Brendyn's nursery. Right now, our place looks like a total disaster because we had to move all of the furniture out in order to start painting -- and the disarray is really making me cranky -- I'm a total nester. I love to have everything picked up and put away and until we're done I'm just going to have to grin and bare it.

So after several discussions and trips to Home Depot, we finally agreed that instead of painting a single shade we would use a warm, yellow neutral on the top of the wall and paint the lower half blue and put up chairwall. This week Joey managed to get the entire room painted including the trim, where I was able to lend a hand for a bit today-- I had to strap Kate into her high chair and roll through all of our DVR'd episodes of "Little Einsteins" while we worked, but with two of us on the job it went much quicker. The next phase is adding the chairrail and replacing the electical covers and hanging the curtains. Once we get that up, we'll clean the carpet, add the accordion doors and move the furniture in! I'm getting really excited and I can't wait to see how it all looks once we are done.

1 comment:

Emily said...

loving what you've done so far and can't to see the finished product. And thanks for supporting Home Depot. lol