Tuesday, February 3, 2009

A Crazy Week

Earlier last week my mom called me at work from Michigan to tell me that she had to take my dad to the hospital in Royal Oak because he passed out twice. Everyone was a little nervous because for a while it seemed like the doctor's were focusing on something being wrong with my dad's heart, which was a little disturbing for all of us. We were fortunate to find out later in the week that all of the cardio tests that the doctors ran came back negative, which was a huge relief. It turns out he had the flu and was severely dehydrated. After a week of rest, he was able to leave on Saturday. :)

On Friday, my OB called me at work and told me that my AFP screening came back elevated, so yesterday I had to go back to Atlanta Perinatal Consultants for an ultrasound and a possible amnio. We were at the doctor for a long time yesterday, but we left with good results. They looked at the baby and he did not have any indicators or markers for down syndrome. All of his features and bones looked great. I feel very fortunate that we made it through this somewhat stressful week unscathed.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Wow. What is a crazy, difficult week for you. I'm so glad that everything is OK with your dad and that Baby Brendyn is growing into a healthy little guy!!

LCM said...

That is scary. My sis in law had hers come back weird during her 2nd pregnancy...turns out that tests gives alot of false positives. Enough to scare the crap out of everyone. I am glad to hear baby is doing well. Keep us posted!!