Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Adjusting to Part Time

Due to the economic recession, I found out on Friday, February 13, that my employment status would be changing temporarily from full-time to part time. It wasn't exactly the news I wanted to hear, but at this point I am still very thankful to be able to work 2.5 days a week and generate some income for our family than to go from full time to no job at all. So now, I am working Tuesday's and Thursday's and a half day Friday from home. Which will be nice so hopefully Kate and I will have more time to make week-day playdates with friends that we don't get to see as often as we would like. I'm going to embrace the change as a positive as it will allow me to do some of the things I don't neccessarily have time to realistically work in or do when I'm working five days a week. Next week, I have signed up to volunteer and consign with our church's consignment sale. I have a ton of baby girl clothes that I am hoping will find a good home and provide some additional money that I can in turn use to buy some clothing for Brendyn. :)

This is my first week with week days off, so I'm trying to get my weekend chores (cleaning, organizing, the never-ending pile of laundry, grocery shopping, errand running) done on my off days so when Kate comes home we can spend the weekend doing the fun stuff we love to do - taking Kate to the park, letting her bounce around at Monkey Joes, play dates etc.

Last Sunday, we met my parents in Dublin, GA so Kate could vacation with them this week while Joey and I search for a new school -- a cost-effective 2-day a week day care program, and after four school tours and some silent prayers during alone time in the doctor's office on Monday, I found one close to home. It was hard to leave Primrose, but it was something we had to do temporarily until I regain the full-time employment.

So if any of our friends are reading my post and want to schedule a play date for Wednesday or Friday, let me know! We'd love to get together and do something fun!

No comments: