Monday, January 26, 2009

A New Due Date

I met with my doctor this morning, and I have a new due date - June 30, 2009. I am currently 18 weeks and I've definitely started to show. Today, I had blood drawn, which is never fun, but I had to complete the AFP screening, since I couldn't do the early down syndrome screening.

So, this weekend I'm planning to do some re-organizing beginning first with Kate's closet. We decided to stay in our apartment again for another year. We were looking at rental homes just because we knew we were going to need a bigger place, but with the uncertainty of the economy - we felt it was best not to change our monthly expenses too much. Joey and I didn't want to end up in a situation where we got in way over our heads, and with an increase in rent it would have meant that I could only stay home for less than half of the time that I did with Kate. The place that I really wanted didn't work out - the owner didn't want to meet in the middle so we didn't get our #1 pick. And, after that I didn't feel like starting over - I was starting to grow tired of spending the weekends driving around trying to find a suitable rental home. It was a tough decision. I was really ready for a new place, but we decided to focus on saving enough money to buy a home in February 2010. :)

No comments: