Monday, January 26, 2009

I'm over due for an update.

Yeah, what can I say, I'm LONG over due for an update...

I'll begin with baby #2 first. My second pregnancy has been a wild ride compared to my first. On January 5, I went for my 13-week ultra sound appointment at the Atlanta Perinatal Consultants office in Alpharetta for a pre-down syndrome screening, which is supposed to be done between 11.5 -13 weeks.

During my original time frame, those dates fell over the Christmas holidays so I had to wait until after the new year, and during my appointment, we found out that the baby was measuring nine days ahead of what a 13-week fetus should be. The ultrasound technician told me I was closer to 15 weeks - which also meant that we could possibly find out what it is since the baby's genitalia is formed between 13-14 weeks. So as the technician was taking her measurements, she asked if we had any questions, and we only had one - Can you tell us what we are having? And she tilted the wand down and repositioned and said "It's a BOY!" Joey was ready to do back flips in the office he was so excited; I kind of had a feeling all along that it was because my second pregnancy has been so different from my first with Kate. So now we'll have one of each.

Kate enjoyed watching her baby brother for a while, but after witnessing how excited her daddy was, she wanted his full attention to be back on her in the office. Kate put her hands on Joey's face and said "Daddy, look at me. Don't look at the baby." I'm sure it will be one of many jealous moments to come. So, I wasn't able to complete the rest of the early screening since I missed the window. So my original due date - July 10 - was out the window, and I had to wait to see my doctor again to reconfigure the due date.

No comments: