Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Six and Half Weeks - It's Not Even A Bean

At 4:45 pm today, I went for my first official ultrasound in Marietta. Joey and Kate joined me to catch the first glimpse of the second "bean", but sadly baby #2 is not even the size of a bean. The baby measured 8 mm, which is about the size of a single grain of rice. According to the technician, I can officially announce that I am six and a half weeks pregnant and my new official due date is July 10, 2009. I won't waste your time by posting the ultrasound photo - you can't see anything except to plus signs where they marked to measure the fetus. Plus I'm not too keen on posting my uterus on the world wide web for all to see... No thanks!

The second most asked question I get besides "How far along are you?" and "When are you due?" is "how are you feeling?" I can definitely say that I haven't had morning sickness again this time around, but I definitely have more moments during my second pregnancy where I feel lightheaded and nauseated. Which was one of the big tell tale signs for me this second time around. And I'm tired. But, I've made it two nights so far this week without falling asleep before 9 pm. So far the best way to describe me is tired and hungry.

I've been eating really healthy this time around. I think several months of eating non-stop toddler food will do that to a prego. I've joined Joey on "The Transformation Challenge" which is a diet for him, but a chance to eat healthier and leaner foods for me. The positive is I eat double the portion, but since I'm eating the right foods instead of Mac n' cheese and bits of left over hotdog, I haven't felt as bad. So lots of protein, vegetables, and fruit with an occasional Double Stuff Oreo thrown in the mix. What can I say - it's still a weakness. But I think it also makes for a really sweet baby!

No comments: