Sunday, July 13, 2008

Catching Up on My Blogging

There is nothing like a rainy day to catch up on my blogging. I fell behind the last couple of months mostly because of the nice weather and being able to get outside and enjoy it before it gets too hot, but since it's rained pretty much every day this week, I decided to pour a second cup of coffee and update everyone on the latest happenings with the Dufours.

May, June and now July seem to be flying by - we've been out and about enjoying the warm summer days at the pool, park, enjoying an occasional paddle boat ride on the Chatahoochie River. We spent most of June preoccupied with car shopping. I was torn for many weeks trying to make a decision about whether to buy my lease or get a new car. Factors delaying my decsion were: I was over my miles and my top three choices were in a payment range of $400, which I couldn't quite stomach writing a check for that amount each month - so after weeks of debating and with some much needing pushing from my dad I turned in my Maxx (no, I didn't lease again) and bought a 2008 Chevorlet HHR - it's black with a tan pinstripe - very "mob chic," but given the state of our economy and the rising price of gasoline - its a very affordable and fuel efficient car!

Joey and I have also been busy planning our first family vacation with Kate to Walt Disney World. In August, the three of us and Jo-Jo (Joey's mom) will head to the house of mouse for 5 days and 4 nights for all the Disney magic we can handle. We are really looking forward to it - mostly because we (the adults) can't wait to witness Kate "ooo and aww" when she gets to meet some of her favorite Disney Characters for the first time. As part of our package, we took advantage of the Disney Deluxe Dining plan, which gives each of us three sit down meals a day. Joey and I worked hard to research the restaurants and were successful in scheduling at least 2 character meals a day - I think we've covered all the major characters from Mickey & Minnie, Winnie the Pooh and Friends; Cinderella and the Princesses. We are having dinner at Cinderella's castle and I'm so excited. I have a feeling I will break down and buy Kate a princess outfit for the big dinner with Cinderella and the Fairy Godmother! Heck, I may even throw on a tiara and catch the princess fever. :)


Now getting to the important stuff, which is why most of you read our blog in the first place, Kate. Kate is now 23- months-old. She turns two August 31 and has recently moved up from the Young Toddler classroom to Early Pre-School 1 at Primrose. Since moving to the older classroom, she has shown her teachers and mommy and daddy an interest in using the potty; so on Friday night after dinner at Chucky Cheese, we bought Kate her own potty and are actively trying to get her to go to the bathroom in the big girl potty. We didn't have any success on Saturday - she had three accidents, I was setting the timer for 30 mintues and each time the alarm went off we'd go in and try. No sooner did I get the training pants back up she would go, so both of us are still learning the timing of it all. Her vocabulary is getting stronger every day and still enjoys reading books, watching the Disney classics and singing. She's graduated from "No One" and is showing an interest in country music - she really likes Carrie Underwood -- mom's influence -- she enjoys listening to "All American Girl" when we ride in the car.

This is all I can think of for now, I'm going to take advantage of nap time and get some chores done and try to enjoy what's left of this rainy Sunday!

No comments: