Saturday, April 26, 2008

The First Family Bike ride

Now that the weather has stayed consistently warm in Georgia, we've been spending more and more time outside with Kate on the weekends. So we decided to buy bikes so we can go for bikerides! This morning we got up early in anticipation of it raining today, so we could go on our first family bike ride. Originally, we were trying to ride down by the Chattahoochie river (because it was flat), but there was a charity bike race so instead we opted instead to ride in Martin's Landing because it seemed relatively flat as we assessed the terrain from our car. We couldn't have been more wrong and more out of shape! Our legs feel like jello - lots of small hills!

Kate, however enjoyed her first ride. She sported her Elmo helmet and as I rode behind her and Joey I could hear lots of "Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Daaaaaaaddddy!!!" and " 'Mon Mommy" as I tried my best to keep up and not get mowed over by the Roswell bike club.

All in all it was a great day! I think Joey used the early ride as an excuse to tire out early and watch the draft! I think he's planning on following the same schedule again tomorrow to for Talladega!

No comments: