Friday, December 15, 2006

How We Met:

Joey and I met on August 6, 2001, at Buffalo's in Auburn. We both went out to celebrate Suzanne Reisinger's and Emily Powell's (Mitchell) graduation. I wish I could say it was love at first sight, but originally we didn't exactly hit it off. Our group decided to head to Bourbon Street Bar and when we got there Joey decided to start a bar tab with a check. I was next to him at the bar and I made the comment 'You're starting a tab with a check?' and he replied, 'Yeah, you got a problem with that?' So I walked away and joined Suzanne and these two other guys in a pool game. Joey came over and watched and we would chat between shots. After several games of pool, he asked me to dance,and I told him I would after we finished this last game of pool. He grew tired of waiting, and he told me that he was going to go dance without me. After the game was over I went and found him,and I asked him if he still wanted to dance. We danced to two songs and by that time the bar was beginning to close so Joey followed me to my house to make sure I got home okay. We sat in my driveway and talked for 2-3 more hours. Eventually I had to go inside because I had to get up and drive Suzanne to the Atlanta airport in the morning. The following day he called me from the firestation and I went down to see him at work. (My street is across from Station 1) We talked for several hours and by the end of the night we shared our first kiss. We met on August 6, 2001 and we have been together ever since!

No comments: